About Me

My photo
Blogger, Christ-follower, Encourager, Friend, Husband, Dad

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Oldies Station

Not long ago I began receiving word that some of my email newsletters were arriving as a jumbled mess of either "computer speak" or "Greek" depending on who was commenting. I couldn't figure out what was going on because it looked ok on my computer. Having exhausted all my technical know-how (in about 2.7 minutes), I called one of my geek support friends.


His answer: have them print it and fax it to you so you can see what they are seeing.


My response: Fax! That is so 1990's!


In the world I often operate in, email is becoming old technology. Blogs ... Texting ... IM ... Tweets ... Facebook. I think I am so cool. And then they play my music on the oldies station and I think, "Wait a minute! That's good stuff! Don't relegate me to the oldies station." I think my fax machine feels the same way.


Maybe some other things I have feel the same way too ... my hymnal ... my Bible ... my wife (just kidding about that one). There is a lot of life left in them. There is a lot of good left in them. There is a lot of wisdom, a lot of hope, a lot of grace, a lot of the presence of the One who is called the Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9,13,22).


Maybe that's why some wise (and probably chronologically enhanced) person came up with the term Oldies, but Goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment